Course Duration –
- Total 25-30 Hrs Session.
- Timings – Mon-Fri, One Hour in Morning IST
Who can take this course -
- Manual Testers with no programming background
- Manual Mobile Application Testing Team
- Test Engineers who would like to Develop Test Automation Framework for their Projects.
- Managers who would like to develop ROBUST and RELIABLE Framework for long runs
- Devops Candidates who would like to see How Continuous Integration Tools play role for End to End Framework Development.
What will you understand after the course –
- Understand Appium Webdriver and Concepts
- Challenges to Setup Test Development Environment for Appium for Android and iOS
- Basic Automation Scripting with Python
- Various Element Locating Strategies
- Automate tests on Android and iOS devices
- Various Touch Actions supported
Course Content -
Chapter 1 : Setup Environment
- Setup and Installation of Python
- Download and configure Eclipse , Pydev
Chapter 2 : Basics of Python
- Simple Script with Hello World Program
- Working with different variable types
- Conditional Programming - if..else, Nested conditions if..elif..else
- Loop Programming - For loop, while loop
Chapter 3: Functions and Exception Handling
- Creating simple and parameterized functions
- Exception handling using try except and finally loop
Chapter 4: Data Structures
- Lists - Create , Get Value from List, Modify List, Remove Value from List, Looping on Lists, Nested Lists, Delete List. Operations using inbuilt methods
- Dictionaries - Create, Read key value pairs, modify , insert key: value pair, delete key, Nested Dictionaries. Operations using inbuilt methods
- Tuples - Create, Update value in Tuple, delete tuple
Chapter 5: Object Oriented Programming
- Classes - Instance of classes, Functions in the classes.
Chapter 6: Test Automation
- Why Automation is needed ?
- Evaluating Criteria for Test Automation Tools
- Architecture of Appium
- Infrastructure introduction about setting up Appium
- Appium with Android Platform
APPIUM WITH ANDROID
Chapter 7 : Setup Instructions for Android platform –
- Setup for Android SDK
- Setting up Appium on Windows machine.
- Setting up Virtual Device for Android Platform and Real device for android platform
- Setting up Virtual Devices using Genymotion, Oracle Virtual Box, Pdanet on Mobile and computer.
Chapter 8 : Writing Test Scripts for Android Apps –
- Basic script to Launch a Hybrid App (Email app) using Appium Driver class of Appium Bindings.
- Setting Desired Capabilities specific to Application Under Test
Chapter 9 : Element Locating Mechanism -
- Introduction to UIAutomator Viewer
- Element Locating Mechanism, UIAutomatorViewer,
- Element by Id, Xpath, UISelector Class
- Populating text in the text box
- Using Node Details of the element to get attributes
Chapter 10 : Context Switches –
- Showcase of switching between Contexts of the Application i.e. NATIVE_APP for Native part of the app and WEBVIEW for webkit.
- Remote Debugging to locate elements in the Webview using Chrome Inspect plugin app.
Chapter 11 : Touch Actions –
- Drag and Drop, Scroll
- Swipe,Tap, Zoom
- Multi-touch actions
Chapter 12 : Command Line Run –
- Running Appium with Specified Configuration through CLI. Connecting to specific device with running instance.
- Significance of different arguments supported by Appium
Chapter 13 : Miscellaneous Capabilities -
- Application Management (Backgrounding Application, Checking Applications Installation status, Removing Application, Resetting Application)
APPIUM WITH IOS
Chapter 14 : Introduction / Setup Instructions -
- Introduction to Setup details. Installation steps for Appium and Configuration.
Chapter 15 : Xcode -
- Steps to setup Xcode, Command Line Tools, Ios Simulator, Compiling App on the Simulator
Chapter 16 : Appium Inspector with Appium Desktop App -
- Techniques to launch Inspector and ways to use it. Identify UI elements with Inspector.
Chapter 17 : iOS Simulator / Real Devices -
- Demonstration to write python code to load Native App on Ios Simulator and perform basic UI actions
Chapter 18 : UI actions -
- Demonstration of Driving various types of UI elements on UICatalog app using Appium
- Date Picker, Alert Views, Progress Views
Chapter 19 : Touch Actions -
- Demonstration of Various Gesture Actions using Appium on IOS Simulator.
- Drag and Drop, Zoom, Tap